Gastric Balloon in Turkey is one of the practical non-surgical method for people that comes from abroad to Turkey for weight loss surgeries.
Gastric balloon surgery is a procedure that aids in the speed and success of weight loss in obese patients. Weight loss surgery, often known as bariatric surgery, employs a variety of techniques to reduce the size of the stomach or the amount of food consumed by a patient.
This procedure is carried out with great care in Turkey. All the specialists have been doing this task for a long time. As a result, you can have this treatment performed in Turkey with complete confidence.
The average cost of Gastric Balloon in Turkey starts from 2.300 USD (1.880£) which is the most affordable option compared to other European countries. We are doing Gastric Balloon surgeries in Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir, you can choose best option for you.
Here you can find out and discover Gastric Balloon journey in Turkey. Check all the details about Gastric Balloon costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors, all-inclusive packages for Gastric Balloon in Turkey.
You can get in touch with us for Gastric Balloon in Turkey via WhatsApp or options below.
What Is A Gastric Balloon?
Gastric Balloon is a type of weight-loss procedure that helps individuals achieve weight loss by restricting food intake. This procedure involves the insertion of a deflated balloon into the stomach through the mouth. The balloon is then filled with saline to occupy space in the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness after eating smaller portions. Gastric Balloon is a minimally invasive procedure, performed endoscopically with only small incisions in the mouth.
On average, patients can expect to lose between 30 to 50 pounds with the Gastric Balloon. The procedure is temporary and the balloon is removed after 6 months. Unlike traditional bariatric surgery, the Gastric Balloon does not involve any alterations to the digestive system. Food continues to move through the digestive tract as it did before the procedure.
Types of Gastric Baloon
Intragastric Air-Filled Balloon (Gas-Filled Balloon): This type of balloon is inserted into the stomach through the mouth and then inflated with air. It takes up space in the stomach, leading to early satiety and reduced food intake. Examples include the ReShape® Integrated Dual Balloon System.
Intragastric Fluid-Filled Balloon: Instead of air, these balloons are filled with a sterile saline solution. This type of balloon is generally considered to provide better tolerance and comfort than air-filled balloons. The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon is an example of a fluid-filled balloon.
Swallowable Intragastric Balloon: This type of balloon is designed to be swallowed in the form of a pill or capsule. Once in the stomach, it’s inflated with gas or liquid through a thin tube attached to the balloon. This eliminates the need for an endoscopy or anesthesia for placement. The Elipse® Balloon is an example of a swallowable intragastric balloon.
Adjustable Intragastric Balloon: These balloons can be adjusted after placement. This can be done by adding or removing fluid from the balloon to optimize its effects on appetite control. The Spatz3® Adjustable Balloon is one such example.
Dual Intragastric Balloon: This type of balloon consists of two connected balloons, which may offer improved space occupation and weight loss effects. An example is the Obera® Duo Intragastric Balloon.
|Gastric Balloon in Turkey Details|
|Procedure:||Within the stomach, the balloon is positioned.|
|Side Effect:||Pain and nause|
|Exercise:||After 1 week|
Gastric Balloon Results
The goal of the gastric balloon procedure is to help patients achieve weight loss by limiting the amount of food they can consume. The target weight loss range is typically 10 to 25 kilograms in the first month following the procedure. Although the rate of weight loss may start to slow down by the third month, there is a slight chance of the stomach expanding. At this point, patients usually have already lost 30 to 40 kilograms.
It is essential to continuously monitor the progress of patients and provide them with relevant information and guidance. This involves tracking their weight loss, checking the healing process of the stomach and surrounding areas, and monitoring the duration of these changes over time.
Patients’ personal progress and results from the procedure are determined through these monitoring processes and assessments. As a result, the hospital and surgeon are responsible for conducting these evaluations and giving feedback to the patients.
Benefits Of Gastric Balloon
The gastric balloon procedure involves the placement of a soft, silicone balloon in your stomach. It takes up space, helping you feel full faster and eat less food.
Studies have shown that the gastric balloon can lead to significant weight loss.
Many patients who have undergone gastric balloon treatment report improvements in their physical and mental health. This includes increased energy levels, improved self-esteem, and a better overall quality of life.
What Are the Advantages of Gastric Balloon Surgery ?
The gastric balloon procedure is a minimally invasive weight loss solution that offers several benefits to those struggling with obesity. Some of the key advantages of this procedure include:
- Reduced hunger and portion control: The gastric balloon takes up space in the stomach, helping patients feel full faster and reducing the amount of food they consume.
- Non-surgical: The procedure is performed endoscopically and does not require any incisions, making it a less invasive alternative to traditional weight loss surgeries.
- Quick recovery: Patients can typically return to their normal activities within a few days after the procedure.
Steps Of The Gastric Balloon
What you need to know about Gastric Balloon procedure journey in Istanbul, Turkey in 6 steps
As you express interest in the Gastric Balloon procedure, our patient consultant will promptly contact you and:
- calculate your BMI,
- gather information about your medical history,
- introduce you to the Gastric Balloon procedure and determine if it’s suitable for you.
Your medical history will then be evaluated by our doctors. If you’re deemed a suitable candidate and wish to proceed, you’re ready to begin your journey.
Upon landing in Istanbul, our welcome team will be waiting to greet you in your language and transport you to the hospital via our VIP transfer vehicle. The hospital is a short 5-minute drive from the airport. Here, we’ll perform various procedures related to your hospitalization and surgery, including obtaining the necessary documentation and signatures.
In preparation for the procedure, we’ll conduct the following examinations to ensure your fitness for the operation:
- Lung X-ray,
- Respiratory function test,
- Blood analysis,
- Calculation of your body mass index.
After these exams, you’ll meet with psychiatrists, internal specialists, and anaesthesiologists.
Once you’ve completed your exams, you’ll be ready for the Gastric Balloon procedure. This non-surgical procedure involves:
- Inserting a deflated balloon through your mouth and into your stomach.
- Filling the balloon with a sterile saline solution to expand it to a size that makes you feel full and less hungry.
- The procedure typically takes 20-30 minutes.
- After the procedure, you’ll be closely monitored for a brief period.
- You’ll receive detailed instructions on how to care for the balloon, which will remain in place for approximately six months before being removed.
- During this time, you’ll work closely with our bariatric dietitian to develop healthy eating habits and lose weight.
With the procedure successfully completed, you’ll be ready to be discharged from the hospital and stay in our contracted hotel. In this step:
- Your first nutritional consultation will take place with our bariatric dietitian.
- You’ll receive any necessary medications and instructions on how to use them from the dietitian.
- Your doctor will perform final checks before your discharge from the hospital.
After your hospital check-ups, you’ll be discharged and transported to our contracted hotel via our VIP transfer vehicle. Our contracted hotel boasts:
- 5-star amenities,
- 24-hour room and internet services,
- Spa, gym, and lounge facilities to help you recover physically and mentally.
Weight Loss Surgery Comments
Who Is Eligible For A Gastric Balloon?
Gastric balloon procedure applicants:
- The ideal candidate for a gastric balloon procedure is someone between the ages of 22 to 65. They should have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher.
- The procedure is performed endoscopically, meaning that a small camera is used to insert and remove the balloon.
- Patients can expect to lose 20 to 30 percent of their excess weight within 6 months of the procedure.
- Co-morbid conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea can also improve after the procedure.
- The preparation and potential complications of the procedure may vary from patient to patient.
- The gastric balloon is inserted through the mouth and into the stomach, and does not require incisions.
- Patients must make changes to their diet and exercise routine both before and after the procedure.
- The procedure is non-invasive and does not result in any noticeable scarring.
All Inclusive Gastric Balloon Package in Turkey
Gastric balloon in Turkey all-inclusive packages include all the expenses below:
- Preoperative Examinations
- Examination of Anesthesia Physician
- Examination of chest Diseases Physician
- Examination of Cardiology Physician
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery by Surgeon
- Latest Technology Operating Room Supplies (Medtronic)
- General Anesthesia
- 1 Year Post-Operation Physician control (via WhatsApp)
- 1 Year Dietician Support after Operation (via WhatsApp)
- Lifelong Patient Care after Operation (via WhatsApp)
- Drugs to be used after surgery
- Supplements to be used after surgery
- Varicose Vein Stockings
- Breathing Exercise Device
- VIP Transfers (SAW Airport-hotel, hotel-hospital, etc.)
- 3-4 Nights Hotel Accommodation
Why choose Turkey for Gastric Balloon?
Turkey has made great strides in the medical field, especially in the treatment of obesity, and the government’s investments have proven to be effective. Additionally, gastric balloon procedures in Turkey have a high success rate and show promising outcomes. Here are the top 6 reasons to have a gastric balloon procedure in Turkey.
The cost of bariatric procedures, particularly in the UK and USA, is a major concern for many people. However, gastric balloon procedures in Turkey are significantly less expensive compared to other countries, with a price difference of 40% to 50%. This allows you to receive quality care without breaking the bank.
Turkey is known for being one of the safest countries for medical services. The country has strict laws in place to ensure fair, secure, and high-quality treatment, which are rigorously enforced. You can feel confident and secure undergoing a gastric balloon procedure in Turkey.
Turkey is home to many highly skilled and successful medical professionals, including some of the best bariatric surgeons in the world. With a large number of patients coming to Turkey from all over the world for surgery, the doctors have years of experience in their field. They consistently produce positive outcomes.
In some countries, there may be a long waiting list for gastric balloon procedures. This can be frustrating for those who need the procedure quickly. Fortunately, Turkey does not have a waiting list for gastric balloon procedures, so you can get the help you need in a timely manner.
Turkey is a highly sought-after destination in the medical industry. The hospitals and clinics in the country are equipped with cutting-edge materials and are extremely hygienic. This allows physicians and surgeons to perform procedures using advanced methods, and the number of technologically advanced clinics and hospitals is growing every day.
The treatment packages offered in Turkey are a major benefit of having a medical procedure in the country. These packages are very popular and preferred by patients. They typically include the cost of the operation, hospital/clinic tests and examinations, VIP transfers, lodging, and in some cases, pre-, post-operative medications and VIP staff.
How much does a Gastric Balloon cost in Turkey?
The gastric balloon is a semi, non surgical, reversible weight-loss procedure that has recently gained popularity. Gastric balloon implementation is a procedure that involves inserting a seawater silicone balloon into your stomach to aid weight loss. The cost varies depending on the type and amount of balloons. This is something you decide. Of course, only if your doctor recommends it.
How Long Do Gastric Balloon Results Last?
The duration of the results from gastric balloon surgery depends on several factors. This includes the patient’s commitment to lifestyle changes and their adherence to the recommended diet plan. Typically, patients start to see noticeable results within the first few months after the procedure. However, for optimal and long-lasting results, it is essential to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly. On average, patients can expect to see the best results after 6 to 12 months post-surgery. It is essential to note that neglecting the recommended diet and lifestyle changes can significantly reduce the efficacy of the procedure. The results may not be as desired. It is crucial to attend all follow-up appointments with your doctor. This is to ensure the gastric balloon is functioning properly and to receive support and guidance on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Different types of gastric balloon procedures include:
- Orbera Intragastric Balloon
- ReShape Dual Balloon System
- Spatz3 Adjustable Gastric Balloon
- Elipse Balloon.
Best Gastric Bypass Surgeons in Turkey
Turkey has the best sleeve surgeons. The surgeons at Turkey are experienced and have achieved international recognition. Their training, expertise, and experience all contribute to a positive result for patients.
Here the top 5 doctors for gastric sleeve in Turkey;
The gastric balloon Turkey procedure is a good choice for patients who are looking to lose weight. In this procedure, a soft silicone balloon is inserted into the stomach. This is inflated with sterile saline solution to fill the stomach space. Once the balloon is inflated, the patient is advised to avoid acidic drinks, fried foods, and heavy meals.
Turkey is the most popular and one of the leading countries for medical tourism. It has the reputation of providing the best care. Many people have chosen the country for its qualified doctors and affordable prices.
The clinic will offer you specific payment options: cash, credit card or bank transfer.
Many patients pay by bank transfer during their visit to the clinic.
Although insurance does not cover gastric balloons, some surgeons offer low-cost payment plans to help patients pay for their procedure. Another option is to use a flexible spending account to lower the cost.
Gastric balloons are a great jump-start to losing weight, and they can help patients keep the weight off after the balloon is removed. In addition to helping patients lose weight, the device also helps them develop healthier eating habits.
Gastric balloon in Turkey is a popular treatment that has helped countless patients shed pounds. It’s a non-invasive, easy to follow weight loss procedure. Patients can expect to lose between 20 and 50 pounds in a single session.
Surgeons in Turkey use top-of-the-line technology to ensure safe and effective procedures. They also offer all-inclusive package deals. This includes accommodations, a doctor’s consultation, and airport transfers.
As a result, Turkish surgeons are more cost-effective than those in the UK. The quality of medical care in Turkey is impressive, and it’s an ideal option for anyone on a tight budget.
To prepare for the procedure, you should go through a physical examination and take certain medications. You should also talk to your doctor about your medical history and discuss any questions you might have about the treatment.
You will not be able to get financing for this operation in Turkey, but don’t worry, you can have this operation in an affordable way and in accordance with European standards.
For obese people who are overweight and have lost the motivation to follow a diet, gastric balloon surgery may be a suitable option. It is less invasive than other weight loss surgeries, including gastric bypass and gastric sleeve. However, it has its own set of risks.
Among the operations recorded in the last 5 years, there has not yet been a patient who has lost his life in Gastric Balloon surgery, but if we need to talk about the risks of death, this rate has been recorded as 0.2%.
If a balloon becomes too loose, it can cause problems like nausea and vomiting, dumping syndrome, or blockage. To avoid these complications, it is important to take anti-emetic medication as needed.
A gastric balloon procedure is a relatively safe weight-loss operation. However, it may also have some side effects. This is why it is important to choose a surgeon who is experienced in obesity surgery.
During a gastric balloon procedure, an expandable, soft balloon is inserted into the stomach. It is attached to an endoscope, a thin tube that passes through the esophagus. The doctor uses this thin camera to inspect the abdominal cavity. If a suspicious lesion is found, the endoscope is removed for you to have this surgery you must be at least 18 years old.
There is always a possibility that something could go wrong during the operation, but your surgeon and anesthesiologist will always keep these risks to a minimum for you. The pre-operative clinic will do all your tests and ask you to tell your medical history, and they will decide whether you are a suitable candidate for the operation after listening to these tests and your medical history.
The chance of something going wrong is recorded as 0.2%.
The intragastric balloon is a weight loss procedure that can help people lose up to thirty percent of their body weight. This procedure can also reduce the risk of health complications associated with obesity. But before getting the procedure, you need to know some risks and side effects.
The first few days after the procedure can be tough. During this time, you may experience nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Your body needs time to adjust to the new diet and lifestyle.
Depending on your initial weight and current activity level, you can expect to lose between 10 and 30 pounds. You will need to follow a special diet for several months after the procedure.
All-inclusive packages usually include VIP transfer, post-operative consultation and a customized diet and exercise program.
If you prefer all-inclusive packages for the operation, you will need to provide your own flight tickets and hotel accommodation because these packages unfortunately do not cover these services.
All you need to do is to book your flight ticket and hotel reservation before your clinic visit.
Gastric balloon It is essential to take a walk from the first days after the operation. It will be healthier to move for an average of 20-25 minutes to ensure healthy blood circulation. In the long term, brisk exercises such as treadmills can be started. As long as the rules are followed, weight loss with the gastric balloon will continue.
If you want to swim, you can easily swim from the first 2-3 days without tiring yourself too much.
Some of the requirements include having a BMI of 30 or more, having tried other methods of weight loss, and being prepared to undergo a 12-month program.
You can expect to lose up to 30% of your excess body weight after a gastric balloon procedure. However, it is important to note that you must be prepared to adhere to a diet and exercise plan for 12 months.
Preparing for a gastric balloon procedure in Turkey requires a little bit of planning and organization, especially when it comes to packing for the trip. This procedure involves having a silicone balloon filled with saline solution inserted into your stomach to help you feel full and eat less, leading to weight loss.
The first item you will want to pack is comfortable clothing, as you will need to wear loose-fitting clothes during the recovery period. This will help ensure that you are as comfortable as possible during the first few days after the procedure. You may also want to pack some extra clothing in case you experience any swelling or discomfort.
The success rate of gastric balloons varies and can depend on several factors, including the patient’s overall health, commitment to making lifestyle changes, and adherence to the recommended diet and exercise regimen.
Studies have shown that patients who undergo the gastric balloon procedure can lose an average of 20-30% of their excess weight within six months of the procedure. The procedure has also been shown to effectively improve or resolve related health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.
It is important to note that the gastric balloon is not a permanent solution and the weight loss achieved may not be maintained if the patient does not make long-term lifestyle changes.
One third of people experience pain and nausea shortly after having an gastric balloon inserted.
- Organ or blood vessel damage.
- However, these symptoms usually last only a few days after the balloon is placed. These symptoms are usually manageable at home with oral medications.
- Although uncommon, serious side effects from gastric balloon placement are possible. If you experience nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain after surgery, contact your doctor right away.
- Balloon deflation is a potential risk. If the gas deflates, there’s a chance it’ll pass through someone digestive system. This can result in a blockage, requiring an additional methodology or surgery to eliminate the device.
- Overinflation, acute pancreatitis, ulcers, or a hole (perforation) in the stomach wall, which may require surgery, are all possible risks.
- Acid Reflux Following Gastric Balloon: One of the most typical side effects of stomach balloons is acid reflux, which is sometimes followed by heartburn. Simply refrain from consuming dairy, alcohol, caffeine, spicy but rather fatty foods to avoid or alleviate this condition. In addition, your doctor can prescribe acid-blocking medications.
- Vomiting and Nausea: This is also common in obese patients, — particularly during the first few days after surgery, which can last up to ten days. You should just put up with it until this phase passes. Your body’s reaction to the cylinder inside itself is stomach discomfort, barfing, and nausea.
- Cramps in the stomach and pain: The weight loss balloon enrages the muscle fibers of your stomach wall within the first 48 hours, causing stomach cramps and pain. This vexing condition usually goes away after 3 or 4 days if you stick to your liquid diet.
- Because of the orogastric balloon in your stomach, you may feel bloated, which is the main goal of this procedure. However, you should be aware that this is a transient condition that will vanish as soon as the balloon is removed.