What are the most common teeth replacement UK options?
If you lack one or more teeth, there are several options for teeth replacement UK. Below is a description of some of the most popular options for replacing teeth.
Options for teeth replacement UK
- Dental implantation. It is one of the most common and popular methods of teeth replacement UK. The standard of perfection by which other teeth replacement UK choices are judged. More real looking than other alternatives, it is also more durable and usually longer lasting than various other tooth replacement choices in the UK. It also has the significant advantage of exciting the bone under the tooth, thus bypassing bone damage and the resulting change in facial features. While dental implantation may have a greater up-front cost, they tend to last longer (perhaps even forever, making them very cost-effective over the lifespan of the implant). It is essential that you see an AAID credentialed implant doctor near you because dental implants require skilled, an experienced, proven dentist that has a proper education.
- Fixed bridge with tooth support. A general option for teeth replacement UK, the method of adding this kind of bridge intentionally destroys healthy teeth. In particular, the method includes grinding healthy, adjacent teeth, and then adding a bridge through these teeth to support the crown. Since there is no tooth or jaw-stimulating implant, the real bone under the bridge supporting the tooth can deteriorate over time, changing the appearance of the face and smile. This can be serious, so it is essential that you consult with an expert on the dental replacement before continuing.
- Removable partial dentures. Same the full dentures explained below, removable partial dentures can have some comfort and stability problems. They may additionally influence eating and your speech. As with other options without implants, the bone under the removable partial dentures can deteriorate over time, changing the appearance of your face and smile. Before choosing this teeth replacement UK option, check with an expert dentist who knows dentures.
- Resin-bonded bridge. In this bridge variation, similarly named a Maryland-bonded bridge, porcelain or metal wings on each side of the bridge are bonded to the patient’s existing teeth. Often a better choice than removable partial dentures, this teeth replacement UK alternative is usually not as long-lasting as dental implants. As with the fixed bridge with tooth support, bone underneath a resin-bonded bridge deteriorates over time changing the appearance of the face and smile. This should be talked with a doctor who has teeth replacement expertise.
- Complete denture. Often considered as a low-cost option, the cost of replacing full dentures can be important in the long term. Perhaps more importantly, dentures can be uncomfortable (for example, they can snap in the mouth when you speak, laugh, eat or even cough), be painful and limit the ability to eat completely. Like a partial prosthesis, a natural bone under a complete denture can deteriorate over time, changing the appearance of the smile or face. This can be a constant change in the structure of your bone, so it is very necessary to discuss this with a dental specialist who understands the consequences of complete dentures.