Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey is the most preferred surgery for people who are unpleased their first sleeve operation that comes from abroad to Turkey for weight loss surgeries.
Although the risk of regaining weight is low in all obesity operations, it is possible. These people can begin to lose weight again if they restore their weight and stop losing weight by a second medical treatment.
All of these additional treatments are referred to as revision surgery. Although it is unlikely, this does exist in Turkey. In Turkey, there are doctors and specialists with the necessary environment and experience for any surgeries.
The average cost of Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey is 4.800 USD (4.000£) which is the cheapest option compared to other countiries. We are doing Mini Sleeve Revision Surgery in İstanbul, Antalya and İzmir, you can choose best option for you.
Here you can find out and discover Sleeve Revision Surgery journey in Turkey. Check all the details about Sleeve Revision Surgery costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors, all-inclusive packages for Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey.
You can get in touch with us for Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey via Whatsapp or options below.
GET FREE CONSULTATION
Table of Contents
Our Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey
How is Gastric Sleeve Revision Done?
First of all, detailed information about the operation that the patient had before is likely to be obtained. First, there should be an epicrisis on surgery and diseases. Endoscopy should preferably be performed by the attending physician who will perform the operation.
In addition to endoscopy, barium radiographs, medicated abdominal tomography, or medicated magnetic resonance imaging methods may also be required to better understand the anatomical changes caused by the previous surgery in these patients. If there is no such disease, the patient is examined from the point of view of anesthesia, like every patient who will have surgery, to see if there is an obstacle to surgery.
The relevant experts will give suggestions about the treatments to be applied before the surgery if necessary. In this method, the problems that may occur during and after surgery are minimized. Some operations can be performed with endoscopy without surgery.
All operations, except for him, are performed by laparoscopic surgery, regardless of which method is used. The experience of the doctor performing the procedure here becomes much more important.
What are the Sleeve Revision Surgery Risks?
Specific risks associated with sleeve revision surgery include:
- Organ or blood vessel damage.
- Dumping syndrome occurs when food passes from the into the small intestine too quickly.
- Internal labral tears, which can cause bowel obstructions
- Digestional juices and digestive contents leakage at the connection sites
- Peritonitis is an inflammation but instead infection of the retroperitoneal cavity lining.
- Malnutrition, intolerances, and dehydration are all serious issues.
- Food intolerance: Patients may suffer from swallowing difficulties, severe nausea, and vomiting. Some people even vomit several times per day.
- Heartburn and reflux: Some patients might develop heartburn or reflux following surgery.
- Band Slippage: This can result in severe pain and nausea, necessitating immediate surgical overhaul of the gastric band.
- Food can become stuck in the esophagus due to the restriction from the stomach. This can lead to esophageal enlargement in the long run.
- Inadequate Weight Loss: Although tube revision surgery results in reasonable initial weight loss, weight gain is much more widespread in tube revision patients than in gastric bypass surgery patients.
- A longer surgery
- An increased likelihood of blood loss
- The requirement to perform only the revision procedure via open surgical approach rather than the less invasive laparoscopic approach.
- Atelectasis: The partial weakness of the lungs is known as atelectasis. It is very common after surgery, particularly in obese patients, for the bottom portion of the lungs to become squashed, opening mostly with vomiting and very deep breaths.
- Embolism of the lungs: A blood clot with in lungs is known as a pulmonary embolism. Blood clots can form in the veins of the thighs or thighs, — particularly if the legs are stationary. Clots of this type can cause inflammation or pain in the leg. They are, however, the most dangerous if they break off travel to the lungs.
Before After Photos
Is Turkey safe for sleeve Revision Surgery?
Without a doubt. Turkey is a safe place to have sleeve revision surgery or any other type of weight loss surgery. Turkey has long been regarded as one of the best medical tourism destinations. Although Turkey has been a prominent place for many aesthetic surgeries, you will undoubtedly find a surgeon with many years of experience in obesity and weight loss treatments.
And in case if you are concerned about your public safety? It’s safe; as you can see, Turkey is not a third-world country; they have the world’s 20th richest GDP, which may help you understand it a little better.
Why is Turkey the Best option abroad for Sleeve Revision?
When you think about it, there aren’t many other countries that come to mind when it comes to traveling abroad for cosmetic procedures or a sleeve revision, which involves not only many years of expertise but also a surgeon who is committed to each patient’s body to enable them to make a life-changing decision.
Although flying abroad for sleeve revisions may be a less expensive option, additional factors to consider including, how far your overseas destination is, whether they have qualified doctors, and how familiar you are with the location.
And Since there are only a few countries in Europe that provide sleeve revision surgery, they are usually recent relative to Turkey, as at this moment it is uncommon that you don’t get a Turkey for a medical tourism reference, and that’s why Turkey is the best as of now!
Why Sleeve Revision Surgery Cheaper in Turkey?
Many factors can contribute to this commonly asked topic about medical tourism in Turkey: why does sleeve revision surgery cost less in Turkey, and how come many other aesthetic treatments are less expensive?
Well, Turkey is a tourism country, which means that tourism is one of the country’s earnings. Turkey’s case is a massive income considering the millions of visitors who come every year.
As for medical tourism, the government does support the medical field to help develop the country’s tourist industry while also offering cheaper tools and instruments to the healthcare centers and making it cheaper for them to perform surgery, unlike other countries.
Sleeve Revision Surgery Cost in Turkey vs UK
In recent years, more patients are choosing to undergo weight loss surgery in Turkey. The private overseas hospitals in Turkey provide excellent care and often offer state-of-the-art equipment.
English-speaking medical staff are also available at all the major hospitals in Turkey. Turkey’s flights take more time than those from other European countries, but they are often direct. Once the surgery is complete, patients can relax in the warm sunshine and enjoy the country’s natural beauty.
The price of a gastric sleeve operation in Turkey is around 4.000£. Although the cost may be higher than in the UK, you’ll be able to save money in several ways. For example, a high-quality surgeon will charge around 4.000£ for a gastric sleeve in Turkey, while the most affordable surgeons costs in the UK may charge just 8.000£.
A second consideration is whether the surgery is covered by private insurance or NHS. Because Turkey lacks the same standards as the UK Bariatric Registry, patients should make sure the surgeon is registered and is accredited. This ensures that a surgeon has undergone rigorous scrutiny before being allowed to operate on the public.
Turkey also offers lower prices for surgery, but these savings can be huge. If you have a private insurance plan, Turkey is a cheaper option than the UK.
How much does sleeve revision surgery cost in Turkey ?
The average cost of sleeve revision surgery in İstanbul, Turkey is 4590 EURO , minimum price is 4290 EURO and maximum cost is 4890 EURO. Prices may differ for different cities such as Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir.
Best Sleeve Revision Surgeons in Turkey