Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey is the most preferred surgery for people who are unpleased their first sleeve operation that comes from abroad to Turkey for weight loss surgeries.
Although the risk of regaining weight is low in all obesity operations, it is possible. These people can begin to lose weight again if they restore their weight and stop losing weight by a second medical treatment.
All of these additional treatments are referred to as revision surgery. Although it is unlikely, this does exist in Turkey. In Turkey, there are doctors and specialists with the necessary environment and experience for any surgeries.
The average cost of Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey is 4.800 USD (4.000£) which is the most affordable option compared to other countries. We are doing Mini Sleeve Revision Surgery in Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir, you can choose the best option for you.
Here you can find out and discover Sleeve Revision Surgery journey in Turkey. Check all the details about Sleeve Revision Surgery costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors, all-inclusive packages for Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey.
You can get in touch with us for Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey via WhatsApp or options below.
1.5 – 2 hours
1 night pre-op
What Is Sleeve Revision Surgery?
Sleeve Revision Surgery is a type of weight-loss surgery that is performed on individuals who have previously undergone Gastric Sleeve surgery. It is for those who have not achieved their desired weight loss results or have experienced complications.
Sleeve Revision Surgery is typically performed laparoscopically, with small incisions made in the abdomen. During the procedure, the surgeon may remove additional tissue from the stomach sleeve to restrict food intake and promote weight loss. Alternatively, the small intestine may be rerouted. This is to bypass a portion of the digestive system and increase the feeling of fullness with smaller portions. It also decreases calorie absorption. The specific technique used during the Sleeve Revision Surgery will depend on the individual’s specific needs and the reason for the revision.
GET FREE CONSULTATION
|Sleeve Revision Surgery In Turkey Details|
If the tube was not provided with the desired weight loss in patients with stomach surgery, or if weight loss is no longer possible due to regrowth of the stomach
|Procedure:||pain or post-pain in the incision area due to the position of your body during surgery|
|Duration:||avarege 1 to 2 hours|
|Recovery:||2 – 3 weeks|
|Side Effect:||Gastrointestinal obstruction. Hernias. Gastroesophageal reflux. Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) Malnutrition. Vomiting.|
|Exercise:||End of the 1 month|
|Pain:||there may be pain|
Sleeve Revision Results
The goal of the mini sleeve revision surgery is to support weight loss by revising or adjusting a previous gastric sleeve procedure. The target weight loss range is typically 10 to 25 kilograms in the first month following the surgery. By the third month, the rate of weight loss may start to slow down, but by then, patients have typically lost 30 to 40 kilogrammes.
Patients need to get the right advice and information, and their progress needs to be continuously tracked. This entails monitoring their weight loss, monitoring the healing of their stomach and the areas around it, and monitoring how long these changes last.
Patients’ unique progress and procedure results are ascertained through these monitoring techniques and evaluations. As a result, it is up to the hospital and surgeon to carry out these evaluations and provide the patients with feedback.
Benefits Of Sleeve Revision Surgery
A mini sleeve revision is a minimally invasive procedure that reduces the size of the stomach, leading to decreased appetite and portion control.
Reduced Health Issues
Patients who have undergone mini sleeve revision often experience significant weight loss. This can improve or resolve obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.
Improved Quality of Life
The mini sleeve revision procedure allows patients to reclaim their lives. They can regain their confidence and self-esteem, and participate in physical activities that were once difficult or impossible.
What Are the Advantages of Sleeve Revision Surgery?
The benefits of a sleeve revision surgery may include improved weight loss, resolution of sleeve-related complications, and improvement of overall health and quality of life.
Additional benefits of a sleeve revision procedure include:
- Improved weight loss compared to the original sleeve procedure
- Resolution of sleeve-related complications such as sleeve dilation, acid reflux, and weight regain
- Improvement of obesity-related health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea
- Minimally invasive technique with smaller incisions and quicker recovery time compared to traditional gastric bypass surgery
- Customizable procedure that can be tailored to the individual patient’s needs and goals.
Get Information Now
Surgical Steps Of The Sleeve Revision?
If you’re considering Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey, here are six steps you can expect:
Step 1 – Contacting our patient representative and getting information
When you contact us, our patient consultant will calculate your BMI, take information about your health history, and introduce you to bariatric surgery methods, including Sleeve Revision Surgery. The consultant will also determine which operation you should have based on your health history.
Step 2 - Picking up from airport and hospitalization
Once you arrive in Istanbul, our welcome team, who speaks your language, will be waiting to take you to the hospital. Our VIP transfer vehicle will be waiting for you at the airport, and after a five-minute ride, you will arrive at our hospital, where you’ll be immediately admitted for the surgery.
Step 3 - Tests and conversation with your doctor
Before the surgery, you’ll meet with our medical staff who will conduct several examinations to ensure your suitability for Sleeve Revision Surgery. These examinations will include:
- Lung X-ray
- Respiratory function test
- Blood analysis
- Calculation of body mass index
Step 4 - Endoscopy and surgery
Once the medical staff determines that you’re a suitable candidate for Sleeve Revision Surgery, you’ll be taken to the operating room.
Here are the details of the surgical process:
- Sleeve Revision Surgery procedure typically takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
- You’ll receive anaesthesia before the procedure, so you won’t feel any pain during the operation.
- The surgeon will make several small incisions in the abdominal area.
- A laparoscope will be inserted through one of the incisions to provide the surgeon with a clear view of the stomach and guide the surgical instruments.
- The surgeon will remove a portion of the stomach and reshape the remaining stomach into a tube-like structure.
- The surgeon will also revise the initial Sleeve Gastrectomy to achieve your desired weight loss goals.
- Once the procedure is completed, the surgeon will close the incisions with sutures or surgical staples.
- The length of your hospital stay may vary depending on your individual case, but it typically ranges from 2 to 4 days.
Step 5 - Being discharged from the hospital
After your surgery, you’ll be discharged from the hospital and transferred to our contracted hotel, where you’ll stay for a few days to rest and recover. During this step:
- Your first nutritional process will be explained by our bariatric dietitian.
- You’ll be given the medicines you need to use after surgery and our bariatric dietitian will explain how to use these medicines.
- Your doctor will perform the final checks before you are discharged from the hospital.
Step 6 - Accommodation at a contracted hotel
After your check-ups at the hospital, you’ll be transferred to our contracted hotel via our VIP transfer vehicle. During your stay:
- You’ll enjoy 5-star comfort and 24-hour uninterrupted room and internet services.
- Our contracted hotel offers spa, gym, and lounge facilities, providing you with the opportunity to recover your physical and mental health.
Who Is Eligible For Sleeve Revision Surgery?
Mini Sleeve Revision:
- Mini sleeve revision is a type of weight loss surgery that is typically recommended for patients who have previously undergone a gastric sleeve procedure. It is for those who have experienced weight regain or other complications.
- The ideal candidate for a mini sleeve revision is someone who is between 18 and 65 years old. They should have a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or higher.
- The procedure is performed using laparoscopic techniques, which involve making small incisions in the abdomen to access the stomach.
- Patients can expect to lose an additional 10-30% of their excess weight after undergoing a mini sleeve revision.
- Health conditions related to obesity, such as high blood pressure and sleep apnea, may also improve following the procedure.
- Before and after the mini sleeve revision, patients will need to make changes to their eating and exercise habits. This is to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals.
“Still in progress, but grateful for my results so far. Gastric bypass done in May of 2020. 81 pounds gone forever. MBC gave me a second chance.”
Gastric Bypass Surgery
“Still in progress, but grateful for my results so far. Gastric bypass done in May of 2020. 81 pounds gone forever. MBC gave me a second chance.”
Gastric Bypass Surgery
All Inclusive Sleeve Revision Package in Turkey
Sleeve revision in Turkey all-inclusive packages include all the expenses below:
- Preoperative Examinations
- Examination of Anesthesia Physician
- Examination of chest Diseases Physician
- Examination of Cardiology Physician
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery by Surgeon
- Latest Technology Operating Room Supplies (Medtronic)
- General Anesthesia
- 1 Year Post-Operation Physician control (via WhatsApp)
- 1 Year Dietician Support after Operation (via WhatsApp)
- Lifelong Patient Care after Operation (via WhatsApp)
- Drugs to be used after surgery
- Supplements to be used after surgery
- Varicose Vein Stockings
- Breathing Exercise Device
- VIP Transfers (SAW Airport-hotel, hotel-hospital, etc.)
- 3-4 Nights Hotel Accommodation
Our Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey
Why Choose Turkey for Sleeve Revision?
Turkey is a leading destination for medical tourism, particularly for bariatric procedures, due to the government’s investments in the medical field. Mini Sleeve Revision surgery in Turkey has a high success rate and offers promising results. Here are the top 6 reasons to consider a Mini Sleeve Revision procedure in Turkey.
The cost of bariatric surgery can be a significant factor, especially in countries like the UK and the USA. However, Mini Sleeve Revision surgery in Turkey is more affordable, with a cost difference of 40% to 50% compared to the UK and the USA. As a result, patients can get high-quality care without having to shell out a lot of cash.
Turkey is well known for its cutting-edge medical facilities, which use the most recent tools and technologies to guarantee cleanliness and state-of-the-art treatment. Patients now have access to more medical facilities with cutting-edge technology, ensuring they receive the best care.
No Waiting List
Waiting lists for bariatric procedures can be a challenge, especially in countries like the UK and the USA. However, Turkey has no waiting list for Mini Sleeve Revision surgery, allowing patients to receive the treatment they need in a timely manner.
Some of the best bariatric surgeons in the world, as well as many other accomplished and highly qualified medical professionals, call Turkey home. Due to the country's significant influx of foreign patients seeking medical treatment, Turkish doctors have a wealth of experience in their fields. This experience allows them to offer patients the best possible care and achieve the best possible outcomes for their Mini Sleeve Revision procedure.
Turkey is renowned for having strict laws in place to ensure that patients receive fair, secure, and high-quality care. Due to the strict enforcement of these laws, Turkey is a safe location for weight-loss surgery. Patients can have peace of mind knowing that they will get excellent care in a secure setting.
The all-inclusive packages offered in Turkey are a big plus for medical tourists. These packages frequently include the cost of the procedure, hospital/clinic tests and examinations, VIP transfers, lodging, pre- and post-operative medications, and VIP staff. The convenience and value of the packages make it easier for patients to receive the treatment they need.
How Much Does Sleeve Revision Surgery Cost In Turkey?
The average cost of sleeve revision surgery in Istanbul, Turkey is 4590 EURO , minimum price is 4290 EURO and maximum cost is 4890 EURO. Prices may differ for different cities such as Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir and from clinic to clinic.
How Long Do Sleeve Revision Results Last?
Just like with any surgery, the results of a Mini Sleeve Revision can vary greatly depending on the patient’s individual circumstances. However, it is typically recommended to give the body time to heal and adjust to the new changes. Most people begin to see noticeable improvements after about 3 to 6 months.
Of course, the length of time it takes to see results can also be influenced by factors such as the patient’s overall health. Their commitment to following a healthy nutrition plan and their ability to maintain a consistent exercise routine also play a role.
It’s worth noting that the results of a Mini Sleeve Revision can be long-lasting. This is as long as the patient continues to follow a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight.
Note that, results may vary based on the type of Mini Sleeve Revision surgery performed, such as:
- Laparoscopic Mini Sleeve Revision
- Robotic Mini Sleeve Revision
- Endoscopic Mini Sleeve Revision
- Open Mini Sleeve Revision.
Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeons in Turkey
Turkey has the best sleeve surgeons. The surgeons at Turkey are experienced and have achieved international recognition. Their training, expertise, and experience all contribute to a positive result for patients.
Here the top 5 doctors for gastric sleeve in Turkey;
What are the risks and complications?
Specific risks associated with sleeve revision surgery include:
- Organ or blood vessel damage.
- Dumping syndrome occurs when food passes from the into the small intestine too quickly.
- Internal labral tears, which can cause bowel obstructions
- Digestional juices and digestive contents leakage at the connection sites
- Peritonitis is an inflammation but instead infection of the retroperitoneal cavity lining.
- Malnutrition, intolerances, and dehydration are all serious issues.
- Food intolerance: Patients may suffer from swallowing difficulties, severe nausea, and vomiting. Some people even vomit several times per day.
- Heartburn and reflux: Some patients might develop heartburn or reflux following surgery.
- Band Slippage: This can result in severe pain and nausea, necessitating immediate surgical overhaul of the gastric band.
- Food can become stuck in the esophagus due to the restriction from the stomach. This can lead to esophageal enlargement in the long run.
- Inadequate Weight Loss: Although tube revision surgery results in reasonable initial weight loss, weight gain is much more widespread in tube revision patients than in gastric bypass surgery patients.
- A longer surgery
- An increased likelihood of blood loss
- The requirement to perform only the revision procedure via open surgical approach rather than the less invasive laparoscopic approach.
- Atelectasis: The partial weakness of the lungs is known as atelectasis. It is very common after surgery, particularly in obese patients, for the bottom portion of the lungs to become squashed, opening mostly with vomiting and very deep breaths.
- Embolism of the lungs: A blood clot with in lungs is known as a pulmonary embolism. Blood clots can form in the veins of the thighs or thighs, — particularly if the legs are stationary. Clots of this type can cause inflammation or pain in the leg. They are, however, the most dangerous if they break off travel to the lungs.
If you’re considering a sleeve revision surgery, you’re probably wondering what is the minimum and maximum cost of the operation.
In general, sleeve revision surgeries in Turkey will cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. The average price of a sleeve revision in Istanbul is approximately 4500 $. Your payment options include cash, credit card or bank transfer.
When it comes to Gastric Sleeve revision, there are many factors to consider. The most important thing is deciding what procedure to choose. This is a very personal decision, and your weight loss specialist will be able to advise you. Some patients opt for a surgical re-sleeve while others opt for non-surgical options.
Sleeve Revision surgery is not covered by insurance in Turkey, but don’t worry, although it is not covered by insurance, you will not pay high amounts for the operation. In this country, which stands out in health tourism, prices are reasonable and are made at European standards.
Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for weight loss surgery. It is a rich country with a highly educated population. Many hospitals are also modern and offer high-tech equipment. In addition, the English language is spoken at all major hospitals.
Considering the quality of care in Turkey, it’s not surprising that more and more people are choosing to have their sleeve revisions done there. Not only are the staff friendly and efficient, but the country is known for its high-quality procedures. Moreover, you can expect to enjoy warm weather after your surgery.
You will not be able to get financing for Sleeve Revision surgery, but do not worry, you will not need to get financing for this operation in Turkey, the average costs are quite low in the UK and USA, and it is safe, surgeons are constantly undergoing training, and the clinics have JCI accreditation.
The most effective approach will ensure that you receive the best care available at a fair price.
If you’ve decided to undergo surgery, you might be wondering how much risk you’re actually taking. While weight loss surgeries have their benefits, they come with their own set of risks. There are many surgical methods available to treat obesity, but the best choice is likely to be gastric sleeve surgery.
If we look at the results of the research conducted in the last 10 years, there has not yet been a death due to Sleeve Revision. If the patient complies with the postoperative instructions given to him, there will be no problem.
Your surgeon will examine your tests and check whether you are a good candidate for this surgery.
When the causes of deaths after this operation in the last 10 years are explained, it is highlighted that each death was due to natural causes. Most of the causes were heart failure, which means that you should continue to train after the operation.
When people have had one sleeve operation and have not been satisfied with their results, they may want to consider Sleeve Revision Surgery in Turkey. This is a safe, affordable option for weight loss surgery. However, patients should make sure they are healthy enough for surgery. Also, the patient must be at least 18 years old to have this surgery.
In some cases, a patient may require revision surgery if the first surgery was done improperly. This can be done in Turkey, where experienced surgeons can perform the procedure.
In order to prevent anything going wrong during the operation, both your surgeon and anesthesiologist will provide all the necessary tests and then ask you to tell them your medical history, once this information is collected they will decide whether you are suitable for surgery.
Your surgeon will tell you everything that can go wrong during and after the operation and will give you a list of things to do after the operation.
Sleeve revision surgery in Turkey is the most popular option for those who are unsatisfied with their first sleeve operation. This surgery is done to improve patients’ weight loss results and reduce risks. It also helps to resolve low blood sugar levels and to improve joint health.
After the surgery, you should go through a strict follow-up schedule. Throughout this time, you should take special care of your diet and exercise. To keep yourself healthy, you should avoid harmful products and medications.
If you notice symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, or vomiting after gastric sleeve surgery, consult with your physician. You can also try home remedies to minimize these issues.
All-inclusive packages unfortunately do not include hotel accommodation and flight tickets, but the package includes post-operative consultation, VIP transfer service and a diet and exercise program that you will need to follow after the operation.
All you need to do is to choose the hotel where you will stay and buy your flight tickets before your visit to the clinic.
All the rest will be taken care of by the services included in the all-inclusive packages.
You can start walking about two weeks after Sleeve Revision Surgery. walking only for a while will be enough for you.
Then you can increase the level.
For swimming, you will need to wait longer than this period. It is generally recommended to wait at least three weeks on average.
When a patient has completed a gastric sleeve surgery and has not reached the weight loss goals, a revision may be necessary. A successful revision will allow the patient to continue with their weight loss program. There are many factors that should be considered before deciding whether to have a revision procedure.
The first consideration is whether or not the original surgery was successful. For a sleeve surgery to be successful, the sleeve must have been small enough to provide a healthy weight loss. If the sleeve was too large or if there were other issues with the original surgery, a revision might be the answer.
Sleeve revision surgery in Turkey requires careful preparation to ensure a comfortable and successful recovery. You will need to pack comfortable clothing that accommodates any swelling post-surgery. Personal hygiene items, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, and soap, are also necessary. Don’t forget to bring your prescribed painkillers and any other medications you take regularly.
The success rate of gastric sleeve revision surgery varies and can depend on several factors, including the reason for revision, the patient’s overall health, and their commitment to making lifestyle changes.
In general, gastric sleeve revision surgery has shown to be effective in achieving additional weight loss and improving related health conditions. Studies have shown that patients who undergo revision surgery can lose an additional 10-30% of their excess weight within one to two years after the procedure.
Berende, C. A. S., de Zoete, J. P., Smulders, J. F., & Nienhuijs, S. W. (2012). Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy feasible for bariatric revision surgery. Obesity surgery, 22, 330-334.