Laser eye surgery restores good vision and relieves patients suffering from myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism from eyeglasses and contact lenses. Nowadays, this is the most advanced and high-tech direction of Ophthalmology, which has proven itself as a safe and effective way of restoring vision. Laser eye surgery can be performed for patients aged 18 to 55 years who suffer:
- Nearsighted from -1.0 to -15.0 diopters
- Hyperopia from +1.0 to 6.0 diopters
- Astigmatism from ± 0.5 to ± 5.0 diopters
With any kind of visual impairment, the image of the surrounding objects does not focus on the retina of the eye. The meaning of laser vision correction is to change the shape of the cornea in such a way that the image of objects falls exactly on the retina of the eye. The meaning of laser vision correction is to change the shape of the cornea so that the image falls exactly on the retina of the eye.
Laser eye surgery is proven to be effective and safe
Every year in the world, several million laser sight correction operations are performed. For more than 20 years of observation, laser eye surgery has proven to be effective and safe. There are the advantages of the procedure:
- The enormous period of observation of patients allows us to reliably talk about the safety, efficacy, and stability of the results of laser vision correction.
- It is used for all types of visual impairment. If the patient has no contraindications, then laser correction of vision can restore vision almost at all the most common degrees of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, and also with presbyopia.
- The speed of the laser eye surgery. The operating time of the laser itself takes from a few seconds to a minute; the rest of the time is spent on preparatory procedures and takes 10 minutes per eye.