Vaginoplasty is a surgical treatment that involves the creation of a vagina from your existing genital tissue. Vaginoplasty necessitates a lifetime commitment to aftercare because women who get vaginoplasty must dilate their vagina on a regular basis to keep it open.
Gender affirmation surgeries are a class of surgical treatments used by some transgender and gender varied people to assist them confirm their gender identity. Vaginoplasty is a sort of bottom surgery or genital surgery for transgender women or individuals who identify as transfeminine. It entails surgically constructing a vagina from your existing genital tissue.
Internal and exterior structures that aim to modify the vaginal architecture are involved in vaginal rejuvenation. Tightening the vaginal cord improves sexual pleasure not only for women but also for both partners. Women, in particular, seek this procedure to make them feel better and boost their self esteem.
GET FREE CONSULTATION
Table of Contents
How Vaginoplasty is Done?
The production of a vagina and vulva (clitoris, labia minora, and labia majora) from your existing genital tissue, along with the penis and scrotum, is known as vaginoplasty. Orchiectomy (surgical removal of the testicles) is frequently performed concurrently with vaginoplasty, but it can also be performed earlier in the transition period.
Vaginoplasty can be performed under both local and general anaesthetic. During the procedure, the vaginal opening and canals are constricted. By decreasing the labia minora, the outer vagina is altered.
Ligaments and muscles surround the vagina. The muscles are sewn together, and the looseness is fixed. The excess mucous skin on the vaginal back is removed. After vaginoplasty, there will be no visible scar. The procedure is not painful.
What happens following vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty necessitates a lengthy healing period as well as ongoing self care. You should plan on spending about a week in the hospital after your operation and returning for follow-up appointments after you are discharged. Because the healing period might be lengthy, you should avoid excessive physical activity and heavy lifting for the first six weeks following vaginoplasty.
You will also most likely need to urinate through one catheter for the first one to two weeks following surgery. Your clinical team will provide you with specific instructions including how to care for the catheter and check for signs of infection at the surgery site, such as redness and swelling.
Within a week of surgery, you should be able to move around and engage in light activity, and by six weeks, you should be able to resume all activities. This procedure has a lengthy recovery period of 12 to 18 months.
Vaginoplasty, unlike other gender affirmation operations, necessitates a lifetime commitment to aftercare. If you get a vaginoplasty, you will have to dilate your vagina several times a day at first to maintain it open. Eventually, depending on a variety of conditions, that can be lowered to several times per week. Your care team will walk you through the process step by step.
Our Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey
What are the Vaginoplasty Risks?
Every operation is risky.
- Acute bleeding usually comes from the urethra and is usually controlled with local pressure. If local pressure fails to stop the bleeding, inserting a larger catheter into the urethra may suffice. In almost all cases, wrapping a suture around the bleeding site (while the catheter is still in place) will stop the bleeding. Localized hematomas frequently drain spontaneously through the uterus or suture line.
- It is possible to develop partial or complete clitoral necrosis, which should be treated cautiously with antibacterial ointments. The peripheral nerve bundle and a portion of both the clitoris are still present in the majority of cases and usually maintain good sensitivity.
- Stenosis: Vaginal stenosis is really a common complication of vaginoplasty and requires expert evaluation but rather timely correction to ensure that the new organ has adequate caliber and depth. This is required for both sexual intercourse and proper external menstruation. Following surgery, intraoital stenosis may occur on its own.
- Nerve Injury: Nerve damage can occur during dissection of perineal and pelvic tissues, resulting in hypoesthesia or dysesthesia. Chronic pain may be present as a result of nerve damage.
- Fistula: Another burdensome complication connected with vaginoplasty is the development of rectovaginal or urethrovaginal fistulas. They occur as a result of rectal or urogenital injury as during procedure and may necessitate additional surgeries to repair.
- Dissatisfaction: Dissatisfaction with both the outcome of the surgery is the final risk to be discussed. This is usually due to the new vagina’s excessive laxity or tightness. The former may disappoint patients seeking cosmetic enhancement, whereas the latter may interfere with tampon use or intercourse. Another serious activity of vaginoplasty is the necessity of secondary or revision procedures. Many of these risks can be avoided by having an open and honest discussion with the surgeon about the procedure, recovery, and final outcome, as well as the potential risks and complications.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Vaginoplasty for Gender Affirmation?
One of the primary advantages is relief from gender dysphoria. Individuals develop greater consistency with the gender with which they identify following surgery. This has a significant impact on people’s mental health and quality of life.
The following are some of the risks of vaginoplasty for gender affirmation:
- Vascular stenosis
- Inadequate vaginal depth.
- Vesicovaginal fistula (an abnormal connection between the vagina and the urinary tract) or rectovaginal fistula (an abnormal connection between the vagina and the urine tract) (an abnormal connection between the vagina and rectum).
- Nerve damage
- Poor cosmetic outcome.
Should Vaginoplasty be Done in Turkey or in the UK?
Vaginoplasty, also known as vaginal tightening aesthetics, is a specialized surgical technique that aims to tighten and rejuvenate the vaginal opening and the muscles that support it. Because of childbearing and aging, a woman’s vagina might vary throughout time. Vaginoplasty is a surgical vaginal rejuvenation surgery used to improve genital aesthetics, reduce vaginal dryness, and restore sexual function.
This procedure is also used to rejuvenate the enlarged vaginal look of women who have had many infants via normal or difficult birth. Furthermore, this technique can minimize elasticity loss that can occur for a variety of reasons.
This operation has become one of the most popular surgeries of the last period. As this is the case, the following question arises in everyone’s mind: Should I have this surgery in the UK or Turkey? This question seems like a lot of confusion, but the answer is actually very simple.
Turkey, which has made a name for itself in recent years, has success in this regard as well. It owes this success to vaginoplasty specialists who are extremely good in their field. Thanks to their experience, doctors who operate on many patients gain more experience by frequently performing these surgeries in Turkey.
Why is Vaginoplasty Cheaper in Turkey?
The primary reason for patients traveling to Turkey for cosmetic surgery or therapy is usually cost. The costs of medical procedures, particularly aesthetic procedures, are exorbitant in many nations around Europe and the world. Most people are priced out totally, and only the wealthy and celebrities are eligible.
Unfortunately, this causes the normal individual to accept their difficulties and suffer with their lack of self confidence, always wishing they could change something about their appearance.
Vaginoplasty is a costly surgery. The cost of the surgery is affected by many factors such as the country you go to, the doctor who does it, the hospital you have done, and your suitability. Because of this, different prices come to the fore in each country. When we compare them, we see that Turkey is the cheapest.
The reason for this is that it has a lower value compared to other countries within the scope of economic values. In this case, while you can only have vaginoplasty abroad, you can have surgeries other than vaginoplasty at that price in Turkey, in addition to your surgery, according to the price there.