A flat and firm abdomen is a sign of an excellent body shape. A tummy tuck which is personalized to all your requirements can truly help you change your abdominal appearance for many years. A tummy tuck London reshapes and tightens the abdomen. It will help to produce slimmer and a more aesthetically charming appearance. Obtaining a firmer and flatter midsection can completely enhance the way your clothing looks and fits. After tummy tuck UK, people usually feel more comfortable and confident and in their body.
During the tummy tuck surgery, sagging skin is reduced and the abdominal muscles are excess and tightened, leaving the midsection better and flatter toned and improving a protruding abdomen. Tummy tuck UK is a very popular procedure for both women and men. The abdomen can lose shape for various reasons. Most often, women think about tummy tuck UK (abdominoplasty) after pregnancy and childbirth or lost weight. A certain proportion of patients who want this procedure are aged people because over the years muscles and the skin loses its elasticity and this cannot be corrected by diet.
Nevertheless, the decision about any cosmetic procedure is totally personal, and patients prefer to have a tummy tuck London for various reasons. The best candidates are nonsmokers, are at or near the perfect body weight level, are in a healthy state and have vivid expectations about what operation can achieve for them.
Step 1: Why should I choose the UK for tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck or so-called abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery to enhance the shape and contour of the abdomen area. It can include tightening the abdominal muscles, eliminating fat and excess loose skin. The goal is to eliminate excess abdominal skin that cannot be removed by exercise and diet – for example, after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight. It is significant to note that a tummy tuck surgery always creates scarring on the belly. Tummy tuck scars are usually noticeable and long. Your doctor will discuss all these choices with you when you go to a consultation. You and your surgeon will review the outcomes you want and the doctor will determine the suitable procedure during the consultation.
It can be argued that tummy tuck UK is one of the most popular plastic surgery in the UK because the problem of fat deposits in the abdomen and waist, the reduction of the elasticity of the abdominal skin, the formation of the so-called “apron” exists both in women and men, thin and overweight people. This is because our body is in some way “programmed” to accumulate fat primarily in the abdomen to protect the lower ribs and internal organs from external influences.
The main differences and advantages of tummy tuck in the UK:
- American safety standards for patient health
- High professionalism of surgeons, which is guaranteed by their special training in the UK and Europe
- State strict certification of plastic surgeons in the UK, which must be regularly confirmed
- Perfect technique for performing the most complex and combined reconstructive operations
- Use of the latest American achievements in the field of plastic surgery
- The most comfortable accommodation in the clinics of the UK during hospitalization at the level of a 5-star hotel
- Absolute confidentiality
Moreover, the UK invests millions dollar in the development of medical infrastructure, the construction of comfortable clinics with the best equipment and innovative technologies to provide high-quality tummy tuck UK. Specialists of these institutions regularly receive training and internships in the best world medical universities. Doctors of clinics that accept foreign patients for treatment usually speak several languages. The study of languages in many countries is part of the compulsory training of secondary and higher medical personnel. Most of the clinics are certified according to JCI standards.
In the UK, the infrastructure and transportation system is very developed; the megalopolis is braiding the dense network of first-class roads and railways. It’s easy to get from anywhere in the world. In addition, high qualification of medical personnel, the latest technology, first-class service, excellent statistics and one of the lowest in England the percentage of infections – these are just some of the benefits of surgical and cosmetic treatments in the UK.
Medicine in the UK began its development in the late 40ies of the 20 century. The government of the country has developed a new health care system and put it into operation. It is called the National Health Service (NHS). If you are considering a tummy tuck UK, you should necessarily check so-called the Care Quality Commission website for treatment centres that can complete a tummy tuck London. All independent hospitals and clinics that present cosmetic surgery in the UK must be registered with the CQC (the Care Quality Commission), which announces performance ratings and inspection reports to assist people to choose carefully.
Special attention in the UK is paid to the education and qualifications of specialists. Students can get higher medical education in 16 state universities. There are ongoing programs to upgrade the skills of medical personnel. The United Kingdom is the world leader in scientific research in the field of medicine, more than 100 scientific research centers operate on its territory. In addition, there are research departments in many large hospitals. The best doctors of the world level practice in the UK hospitals. Among them are professors of university clinics, doctors of sciences, members of the Royal Association of Physicians.
Step 2: How to determine tummy tuck prices in the UK, what are the costs?
With a tummy tuck operation in the UK, specialist doctors will eliminate the extra fat and skin from the lower belly, giving to you more defined and flatter abdomen. This fresh shape and contour are also likely to provide you to wear things you would not earlier have dared. However, the main question is how much is a tummy tuck UK?
If you are considering going ahead, make sure you are informed about the tummy tuck cost and the fact that it is a major operation, with all risks to consider. Tummy tuck prices UK can change significantly for a number of great reasons. Prices change considerably because the operation itself encompasses a broad range of methods that can be done to different extents. Our advice is to first determine the most qualified and the best tummy tuck surgeon London where you want the tummy tuck UK performed.
General factors that affect the tummy tuck cost UK include:
- The location. Will it be done in doctor’s office, in a hospital with an overnight stay, or in some independent outpatient facility? The geographical region also has a notable influence, e.g. the prices for a tummy tuck London, tummy tuck Manchester, tummy tuck Scotland, and tummy tuck Belfast will be a little bit different.
- Training and experience of your doctor. The longest and best trained is most frequently a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- The type of anaesthesia. Will it be general, local anaesthesia or IV sedation? Will a nurse, board-certified anesthesiologist or an RN be applied?
- Complexity and length of tummy tuck UK. How hard will your operation be and how long it will take and so on. Will other additional procedures be also done during the same tummy tuck surgery?
- The types of tummy tuck UK. There is mini tummy tuck type which improves the lower abdomen with the less extensive operation, full or classic tummy tuck UK which improves the lower and upper abdomen, and an extended tummy tuck surgery which improves the flanks and lower and upper abdomen.
The main factor is whether it goes in combination with liposuction. If so, the extent of liposuction surgery; the amount of attempt to create a new abdomen, which includes flattening the belly, narrowing the line of waste, removing excess skin and creating a new umbilical cord. The fees usually involve surgery and anaesthesia fee, all pre-assessment fees, one overnight stay in the facility and all subsequent visits, as well as the cost of any medications and supplies needed during the operation.
How much is a tummy tuck? Tummy tuck cost UK is generally about £4,500 to £6,000 plus the price of any follow-up care or consultations that cannot be included in the total tummy tuck prices UK. Let’s see overall “regional average” prices list.
|City name||The lowest price||An average price||The highest price|
|Tummy tuck London||£4,950||£5,650||£6,200|
|Tummy tuck Manchester||£4,715||£6,110||£7,620|
|Tummy tuck Scotland||£4,995||£5,538||£5,730|
|Tummy tuck Belfast||£3,200||£4,925||£6,730|
Some clinics in the UK offer the “All inclusive” service; the tummy tuck cost includes all ongoing studies, as well as the operation itself and the rehabilitation period. However, sometimes the patients do the tests in one medical centre (e.g. in their home country) and after it, they are going to perform the tummy tuck surgery in the UK. In this case, the cost will be slightly different, and sometimes in favour of the client’s wallet. During the first visit to the patient, the plastic surgeon collects all the data about the anamnesis of his life and the existing diseases, pregnancy, allergies to medicines.
Step 3: What should I pay attention to when choosing a tummy tuck clinic or hospital in the UK?
A tummy tuck UK is a surgery that smoothes the belly by eliminating additional skin and fat and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. This operation is similarly known as abdominoplasty. This is a major operation, so it is necessary to educate yourself about tummy tuck clinic or hospital in the UK.
The main stage in the organization of tummy tuck UK is not even the surgery itself, but the choice of the medical institution in which it will take place. An important criterion in this choice is the compliance of the medical institution with international standards. The availability of appropriate certificates will guarantee you a quality treatment. Well, if you are thinking about tummy tuck UK, make sure that the hospital or clinic is registered with the following of these appropriate regulatory bodies, which check hospitals and clinics and to see that their standards practices are respected and the surgery is carried out in a safe atmosphere:
- Scotland – Healthcare Improvement Scotland (healthcareimprovementscotland.org)
- Wales – Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (hiw.org.uk)
- England – Care Quality Commission (cqc.org.uk)
- Northern Ireland – The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (rqia.org.uk)
Moreover, when choosing a clinic or hospital, it is necessary to pay attention to the following certificates:
- Accreditation of JCI (Joint International Commission). JCI is the leading organization for the accreditation of medical institutions around the world. If the hospital, clinic, medical center is accredited by JCI, this indicates a high quality of medical services offered by this institution. You can find a list of such medical facilities on the official website of JCI.
- An indicator of the importance of hospitals, quality of care and treatment is the availability of links between the treatment facility and major prestigious universities, as well as with companies providing health services. Usually, information about such links can be found on the official website of the medical institution, in the section “About Us”. The lack of a hospital’s own website should lead you to the idea that, perhaps, this is not the institution where you would like to be treated. All large, prestigious, certified hospitals and clinics for tummy tuck surgery are necessarily represented on the Internet.
- Each country has its own system of certification of medical institutions. Be sure to check that the hospital, clinic or medical centre has a license for the provision of medical services in general, not only a tummy tuck UK.
- Reviews of real patients. It makes sense to read reviews of patients who are published on the site. However, here you should also know that many intermediary offices order writing such “reviews” for money to professional journalists. We recommend that you select a site where you can find the contact details of the person who wrote the tummy tuck before and after UK review.
In conclusion, it is best when choosing a clinic to rely on the opinion of a person you know, based on his or her personal tummy tuck before and after UK experience. In this case, you will receive first-hand information from the person you trust. In those cases where you do not have such a person, you should pay attention to such points as the phone number on the company’s website. If the site lists only mobile phone numbers, then almost certainly one can conclude that it is a single-agent intermediary who does not even have an office.
Step 4: How can I find the best and most suitable tummy tuck surgeons in the UK?
A plastic surgeon is a specialist who will change your appearance forever and will bear full responsibility for it. That is why the choice of such a specialist must be approached extremely carefully. Tummy tuck UK is a serious operation, which means that it needs the guidance and experience of a trained medical specialist. Make sure that you are in safe hands, choosing the best tummy tuck surgeon London. These recommendations will help you find the correct best tummy tuck surgeon London.
- First of all, you should interview 3 or 4 doctors whose experts match your requirements. Chosen specialists must be board-certified and, of course, members of one of following professional organization. These are main groups that certify physicians for cosmetic or plastic surgery:
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- The American Academy of Reconstructive Surgery
- Private recommendations are very valuable. Do not shy to ask your friends and relatives for referrals if they received a similar procedure (tummy tuck UK). In addition, you can get some ideas from your family doctor and other familiar physicians. Remember that plastic surgery is an extremely competitive area. Do not be confused by organizations that claim to be the best or only because it eliminates many other specialists who may be the best option for your specific problems. Ask about doctors’ fellowship training (specialized practice on special procedures). Consult with the state’s medical council to check the license, certification, and education of the surgeon. Additionally, check whether disciplinary measures were taken against your chosen doctor.
- Pay attention to the tummy tuck cost. During you communicate with surgeons and learn about the tummy tuck UK, you will have a concept and the average price for the operation. Nobody wants to overpay, but to give less money and suffer because of this is also not an option. Why do some doctors overstate prices, while others are ready to do everything at a low cost? The main reason is the inexperience of the surgeon. A novice physician has no name and an impressive list of successfully performed operations, so he is ready to hone his or her skills on newly arrived patients. This, of course, does not mean that all its customers are unhappy with the result. However, the risk of mistakes of such a master is great. So before you decide to do tummy tuck UK, try to find doctor’s real patients. Professional surgeons rarely reduce the cost of their operations.
- Another sign of the inexperience of a doctor is too long operation. Any operation should take a minimum amount of time. Otherwise, your body will feel pain from reducing the anaesthesia. It is clear that an experienced surgeon copes with the task rather than his less skilled colleague. Another important point is the doctor’s readiness to perform an operation “tomorrow”. Doctors who are popular, at best, have an option to give you tummy tuck UK in a month (do not forget also that you need time to take all the tests and make sure that you do not have serious infectious and chronic diseases). The one, who is ready to operate on you the next day after the consultation, causes too much suspicion.
- Do not be shy during the consultation to find out where tummy tuck UK will be performed, and most importantly – where you will be after the operation (you may have to spend several days in the clinic). Many surgeons who save on operating room may hesitate to answer. In addition, during the reception, pay attention to the personnel working in the clinic. Even a phone call to the clinic will tell a lot about the doctor’s work.
Step 5: What are tummy tuck results and patient experiences in the UK?
If you feel yourself self-conscious about fat deposits around the abdominal area or drooping skin that cannot be destroyed regardless of how much you keep diet or exercise, then tummy tuck UK (abdominoplasty) can be a surgery to consider.
After a week in bed, you will most likely want to start moving. Approximately at this time, you should try to become more active. However, do not overdo it, because the neoplasm between the skin layer and the muscle layer is fragile and can be easily damaged, which will lead to accumulation of fluid. After one week, you should get up and walk around the room at least several times a day. It helps to move muscles, helps to breathe and significantly reduces the risk of blood clots in the legs. In the third week, you will be feeling much better. You will be ready to begin moving about the home more quickly. Then after 1-2 weeks more, you will probably be capable to return to your regular activities.
Despite a long period of full recovery, the first results of the tummy tuck UK will be visible in about three weeks, when most of the bruises, hematomas, and swelling will disappear. However, slight puffiness will persist for up to three months. At the same time, the sensitivity to the operated abdominal tissues will return (at the beginning many women complain of a feeling of “stiff” skin). In six months or a year, the skin on your tightened tummy will become soft again. After ten or twenty years … nothing will change! You will endlessly enjoy your flat belly.
Patients who underwent tummy tuck UK or so-called abdominoplasty note such advantages:
- This is an effective method of fat removal. The result is visible almost immediately, and the effect persists for a long time if certain rules and recommendations of the doctor are observed.
- No effort is required from the patient.
- The operation is performed under anaesthesia, so it is not painful at all.
- What is good about abdominoplasty is that in the course of an operation, old scars and stretch marks are usually included in the skin to be removed.
Some patients experience about tummy tuck UK from the internet forums
- I recently had an operation – tummy tuck UK+ liposuction. I had a skin-fat apron after cesarean section, a diastase of the rectus muscles and an umbilical hernia. From all these problems I was saved with the help of tummy tuck surgery. I’ve seen a lot of “before and after” photos, but I could not imagine the result that I got. I am very pleased!
- My operation was on July 22, 2017, full tummy tuck UK. This procedure has given me confidence, there are no more complexes, and there is not this terrible abdomen. A half year passed and I already forgot about the operation, I feel great! The seam is thin and low, and the umbilicus is just perfect!
- The important thing is how everything was correct and detailed explained about the forthcoming operation in the consultation. I want to note that earlier in other countries I was not convinced. Immediately I decided on tummy tuck UK within a month. I express my huge thank!