Gastric Band in Turkey is one of the most popular weight loss operation for people that comes to Turkey for weight loss surgeries.
Also known as a laparoscopic adjustable stomach band or, more colloquially, a lap band. It is wrapped around the stomach to alleviate obesity more quickly. Turkey is well known for both medical and general tourism. Many hospitals provide LAGB treatment with facilities that meet international standards, and their surgeons are well trained and experienced enough to undertake such complex surgery. We think that it is not an exaggeration to say that Turkey is the heart of stomach surgeries.
The average cost of Gastric Band in Turkey is 5.450 USD (4.470£) which is the cheapest option compared to especially USA, UK and Germany. We are doing Gastric Band surgeries in İstanbul, Antalya and İzmir, you can choose best option for you.
Here you can discover more information about Gastric Band journey in Turkey. Check all the details about Gastric Band costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors, all-inclusive packages for Gastric Band in Turkey.
You can get in touch with us for Gastric Band in Turkey via Whatsapp or options below.
GET FREE CONSULTATION
Table of Contents
Our Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey
What is Gastric Band?
One of the most common bariatric procedures was gastric band surgery. Despite the fact that other bariatric surgeries are becoming more popular, a significant number of people want to have gastric band surgery. For people who are severely overweight or obese, gastric band procedure is a common type of weight loss or bariatric surgery. It entails wrapping an adjustable pop group around the top of your stomach, preventing you from eating as much.
How Gastric Band Surgery is Done ?
A gastric band has always been placed around your ascending colon to create a small plastic container of stomach far above band, with the majority of your stomach below it.
Drinking liquids and eating small amounts of food are still possible. However, you cannot consume a large amount of food in a single sitting. When you eat, the small pouch quickly fills up, causing you to feel full sooner and for longer than usual. This happens when you eat less and eat more slowly, which aids weight loss.
By injecting liquid into your gastric band through a port just beneath the skin of your tummy, your physician can tighten or loosen it. The speed with which food passes from the pocket into the lower portion of your stomach is affected by this. This will ensure that you lose the appropriate amount of weight over time.
The success of gastric band surgery is determined by your ability to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the procedure. You’ll need to alter you’re eating habits and increase your physical activity. High-calorie drinks, including alcohol, should also be avoided because they can still pass thru your gastric band.
What are the Gastric Band Risks?
Gastric band is also a kind of weight loss surgery and Gastric band brings some risks.
- Gastric Band slippage occurs when the band migrates from its proper position, causing stomach prolapse below or above the band. The results vary with surgical technique and has decreased over time as surgical techniques have improved.
- Leakage of saline that used inflate the band, port inversion or migration, tubing malfunction or fracture, and other issues are examples of port or tubing malfunctions. Common presentations include inability to access the port, suboptimal weight loss since band volume adjustment, and weight regain.
- Overinflation of the band or overeating may result in pouch dilation, which is pouch augmentation caused by higher pouch pressures. Patients may complain of hunger, GERD, or regurgitation.
- The port may become more visible after significant weight loss as subcutaneous fat decreases, and it may squish on patients’ clothing. This can result in port site pain and skin erodibility. This improbable complication can be avoided by replacing the original port with a tinier, low-profile port.
- Port infection typically manifests as local tenderness, warmth, or erythema in the immediate postoperative period. However, it is also a possible late complication that could occur as the device is in place. Abscess formation or skin fistulisation is possible, but uncommon.
- Weight gain, stomach discomfort, dysphasia, haematuria, or sepsis are all possible complications of band erosion.
- Patients might present with vague stomach pain or weight gain, but peritonitis is uncommon.
- Anesthesia can cause allergic reactions, breathing issues, blood clots in the legs that can travel toward the lungs (pulmonary embolism), severe bleeding, infection, and a heart attack or stroke in some people during or after surgery.
- Overeating can cause vomiting or esophageal dilation, so the individual must exercise caution when following dietary recommendations.
Before After Photos
How is the Gastric Band Healing Process?
After surgery, patients are disposed within 1-2 days. After 4-5 days, it is usually possible to resume normal activities. Foods in the following proportions or mash are given for two to three days after surgery. After that, gradually transition to soft foods. It will be possible to resume normal eating 6 weeks after surgery. A special rubber is used to make the band. An inflatable balloon is hidden inside the tape. The band can adjust thanks to this balloon. You may need to loosen or tighten the band depending on your eating situation. The port of the gastric sleeve is placed under the skin in the frontal abdominal wall and connected to the band’s balloon with a catheter. The balloon of the tape is tightened by inserting a needle into the port and filling it with serum. The balloon relaxes as the fluid is drawn out.
The adjustable band is jacked up and tightened through the chamber placed under the skin at the end of the recovery period (average of 6 weeks), preventing excess food consumption due to excessive bloating sensation.
Why Gastric Band Should be Done in Turkey?
Turkey has a worldwide reputation for health surgeries. For this reason, most people travel to Turkey for their surgeries. This means that they chose Turkey. First of all, your health is important for all doctors or specialists here. They also follow you for a certain period of time after the surgery. This has a huge advantage for you. Even if you encounter any complications after your surgery, it will be treated immediately. Doctors do their best for you. That’s why you choose Turkey without thinking about it for your surgeries.
How Much Does Gastric Band Cost in Turkey?
It is a tool that wraps around the belly in the part of the stomach, slightly below the throat, and can control the amount of food that passes into the stomach, inflating when desired, for surgical treatment of obesity. It’s made of a silicone material that inflates. It forces the patient to lose weight by restricting his or her food intake. The cost in Turkey is determined by the material quality and the patient’s health. The time we allocate to each patient and the treatment we apply are not the same. Therefore, it would not be correct to specify a clear price here. In addition, the prices are not the same in every doctor or every clinic.
Gastric Band Cost - Turkey Vs UK
Before choosing between the UK and Turkey, you should know how much a gastric band surgery will cost. Turkey’s GDP is the twentyth highest in the world, but you should still know that surgeons there are likely to be paid less than their UK counterparts. The reason for this is simple: Turkey’s currency is weaker, all EU countries must recertify surgeons every year. The same goes for data governance.
Another factor that lowers the cost of a gastric band procedure is the lower labour cost. Since the Turkish currency is so low, surgeons can charge significantly less. This makes the surgery much cheaper and attracts more patients than it would in the UK and Europe. The surgeons in Turkey also have far more experience than their European counterparts, which means that they can perform a gastric band operation efficiently and affordably.
The cost of a gastric band procedure in Turkey is 4.470£ cheaper than in the UK cost is around 8.000£. Which reviews surgeons’ procedures every year. Turkey surgeons are trained in the latest techniques and do not make incisions in the abdominal wall. This is a major factor in determining gastric band cost.
Best Gastric Band Surgeons in Turkey